Re: Vision of Technology

Barry L. Chad (chadb@clpgh.org)
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:02:44 EST

From:	MX%"content@info-ren.pitt.edu" 30-MAR-1997 21:29:08.38
To:	MX%"content@info-ren.pitt.edu"
CC:
Subj:	Re: Vision of Technology

From: Suzanne Alejandre <salejan@e2.empirenet.com>

Dear Mavis,

>  Technology experts must continue to build bridges to the education
>community. To avoid disappointment efforts to introduce technology into
>the classroom, must ensure that teachers are given the training,
>technical support, and time needed to integrate networking into the
>curriculum. Further, many people are not as naturally enthusiastic about
>computers and networking as the experts are;

I think even more importantly is to remember that technology experts
don't necessarily know the curriculum just as teachers/curriculum
experts don't necessarily know the technology.

Important in my mind is finding people who know both and encouraging
them to create! or work on collaborations where each person with the
expertise recognizes the value of the other's.

***Within the library field, Howard Besser was the first professor I
encountered who, in library school, teamed Information Science students with
Library Science students to work on projects.  Each discipline brings with it
its own strengths, its own weaknesses.  The mature and creative approach, the
collaboration, would be to get them to work together.
bchad

Suzanne Alejandre