Allegheny City Home
- Established - 1844
- Closed - ?
- 1st site - Girty's Run, Shaler Twp.
- 2nd site - Claremont, O'Hara Twp. (1871)
- Also Known As:
- Allegheny City Poor House
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Institution for the poor and insane.
- Cemetery destroyed during the construction of Route 28 (see O'Hara Twp. on the
1906 County plat map).
- Probably merged with Mayview when Pittsburgh annexed Allegheny City
- Location of Records:
- Pennsylvania State Archives, Record Group 23 - Dept. of
Public Welfare, Mayview State Hospital (Case Book of Allegheny City Farm, 1884-1887)
- Pittsburgh Photographic Library (Institutions - 1)
- History of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, vol. I, p. 703. **(rF157
.A4 H6 1977x)**
- Recollections of Seventy Years and Historical Gleanings of Allegheny,
Pennsylvania (1886), pp. 157-161 **(r974.886 P23)**
- Lists and Indexes to the Legal Court, and Municipal Records of
Allegheny County, PA ("Births and Deaths in the Allegheny City Home,
1871-1904"), vol. I, pp. 100-108 **(rqF157 .A4 L5 1982)**.